Thursday, June 10, 2010

Work, work, work

I have been working on my re-write. It was a good decision but the fixing is taking a while. I like it better already though. I hate to see the number of pages go down instead of up. Sucks. But it's going to be worth it when I get through it.
Research is sometimes a good thing. I came across an author's article on getting published. I have read similar articles, that publishing could take a while, that you need to go through multiple agents/publishers before you find one that wants to work with you, etc.
It's just good to hear it again, especially when I am sitting here waiting.
On the other hand, I came across a blog w/ some sample winning query letters and they were sooooo much longer than agents tell you to write them.
All the advice they hand out and then don't take!
The one letter was very enjoyable, I'm sure the book would be too, and I just know that I could write a better letter than the one I sent to all those agents.
I feel like they put handcuffs on me: make it short, make it clear, make it professional.... but then they are intrigued by the letter that isn't any of those things.
Okay, it was professional.
I just don't know.
Maybe no one is interested in the book because the letter is flat.
The book isn't flat. I think the book is funny.
Groan.
I'm gonna have to take a look at the letter again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.