Friday, June 11, 2010

[insert explicative here]

Sometimes I just shoot myself in my own foot.
Doing more research today, cause I'm an ass, and ran across some really sucky news.
Well, first I was working on my re-write of my query letter for Setting the Record Straight. I was trying to punch it up a little. Got some help with that and things were looking up.
I decided to do a search on publishers that only published romance. Came back to the same few but I went back to my bookmarks and rechecked Kensington.
Turns out they are having a contest right now. Submit your completed manuscript between 80,000 and 100,000 words.
Well, fuck me.
I'm only about 20,000 words short.
One of the agents, that bothered to respond, did say that the book was slightly shorter than they preferred to work with.
So I guess I can either shorten the book to be a short story or lengthen the book -- BY A LOT -- to be considered for publishing.
ERRRRGGGHHHHH!
I just don't know. I don't know if I can add that kind of material to the book. It's not a few paragraphs. It's a few chapters.
That is so depressing.
I wasn't going to publish this blog until I heard good news from an agent or publisher but at this point this may be the only thing that I DO publish.
Stick a fork in me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.